Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Do I have enough time for a connection flight

Do I have enough time for a connection flight?
I will be traveling from San Francisco Airport to a connection flight at Boston's Logan Airport to Baltimore-Washington Airport. I am traveling with JetBlue. The connection time is 25 minutes! I understand that my baggage will be transferred for me. I know I should have booked a better flight, but it's too late now. Please answer my question? edit: i did ask jet blue and the lady on the phone wasn't so sure and said "probably". i'm don't know if i can trust her or not. Also, there is another flight I can book but it will be separate from my actual round-trip flights. I am supposed to arrive at BOS at 6:00 am and get on the flight to BWI at 6:25 am. The other flight I can take departs at 2 p.m. from BOS and arrive at 4 p.m. to BWI . If I take the 2 p.m. flight, where will my luggage end up since I'm not there to pick it up at the original time of arrival of 7/8 a.m. ?
Air Travel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I do not think that is an even legal connection time. They should not issue tickets like that. Are there more flights from BOS to BWI after your flight? You might need it just in case....
2 :
Its better u check with Jetblue before ur flight. they will be able to answer this for u
3 :
The 25 minutes might be too short for a transit time. The airport to my understanding is big. So even you might get your boarding pass for your BOS-BWI at SFO and your bag(s) is checked-in to your final destination, you might need to run to the gate to catch your flight. Plus, you must take the account of possibility for delay. So it is better for you to check with JetBlue again if they have a better connection/solution for this flight.
4 :
i checked the jet blue website its a legal connection but i also did find they have another flight from boston to bwi (it leaves at 10 am from boston 09:27 PM 06:00 AM (Next Day) 10:05 AM 11:35 AM San Francisco, CA (SFO) to Boston, MA (BOS) Boston, MA (BOS) to Baltimore, MD (BWI) 638 1323 checking wikepeida they tell me all flights operated by jet blue are in the same terminal so its good possible your flight from sfo to boston will park close to your flight to Baltimore so it would be a short walk between the gates

Search News