Friday, January 21, 2011

We are flying AirTran and

We are flying AirTran and...?
Should I be nervous about having only a 37 minute layover in Atlanta? I am traveling with my younger sister who is 19 & my daughter who is 4 months. Will that be enough time to catch our connecting flight to Pensacola, FL? Our flight from Baltimore arrives in Concourse C and flight to Pensacola leaves out of Concourse D.
Air Travel - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes you should be nervous. I was flying to Nashville last February and only had a 30 minute layover in Atlanta and there was so much traffic from planes coming in that we got stuck on the tarmac. We were still sitting on the plane when our next flight was supposed to leave. 4 flights later we finally made it to Nashville and missed my cousins wedding. 37 minutes is not long enough, I wouldn't take a layover of less than an hour honestly, especially in Atlanta. You just don't know.
2 :
It's going to be really close. That's not a long layover at all, especially at a big and busy airport like Atlanta. That 37 min is from the time one plane lands (not reaches the gate) to when the next takes off. So you have to hope that your first flight lands early or on time and can get immediately to a gate, then you need to be one of the first off. I'd avoid gate-checking any items (like a stroller) because you sometimes have to wait a few minutes before those are brought up. Planes typically close their doors anywhere from 5-10 min before departure, so you really will only have 27-32 min to get to your connecting flight, at best. If it's possible to change a flight, I would try to do that. If not, hope for the best and move fast once you land!
3 :
Ohhhh that airport is HUGE! I just went through there a couple of weeks ago with a layover time of about an hour and 15 minutes and I had my 3 month old with me. I'm pretty sure my next flight was one concourse over like yours, but it was still a pretty good walk! I walked REALLY fast (almost running) directly to my next concourse and had time to use the bathroom and change my daughter. I tried to stuff down a sandwich really quick but didn't finish it, and couldn't feed my daughter until I got on the plane because we boarded pretty quick. With your time, it sounds like you won't even get a restroom break. You can always go on the plane, but it sounds like you might not be able to change your 4 month old before your next flight. Don't waste any time, because you'll need to take an elevator to get to the next concourse, and there are plenty of inconsiderate people who take the elevator instead of the escalator even though they don't need it. Also keep in mind that they will want you to board the plane first (since you have a small child) so that makes your time before boarding even shorter. Good luck with that!

Search News