Friday, January 14, 2011

Is it safe for a 8 week old puppy to take a 8 hour flight with a lay over

Is it safe for a 8 week old puppy to take a 8 hour flight with a lay over?
We are getting our puppy flown up from Birmingham to Houston and Houston to Baltimore BWI. Is it safe will she be okay?
Air Travel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I have heard a lot of horror stories and if you love your puppy don't take a chance. I won't.
2 :
Only on your lap. He could not survive the cold in the hold. It would be best to have someone drive the puppy.
3 :
Well, I'm from Australia, and I wouldn't be allowing my 8 week old puppy to fly anywhere. The flights probably safe, but, I would have thought Male/Female a little on the young side, has it had it's (obviously) first injections? I gather yes, I really feel it's too young, but, consult your vet.
4 :
No, it's not safe. Reputable breeders will not ship a puppy until it is at least 12-16 weeks old.

Search News