Saturday, May 1, 2010

Unaccompanied Minor on Southwest Airlines

Unaccompanied Minor on Southwest Airlines?
My twin brother and I are 13 years old. We are supposed to be driving up to Providence in the beginning of August and due to fly back alone. We will be taking Southwest Airlines from either Boston Logan on the inaugural flight to Baltimore, or from Providence to Baltimore. Are we considered unaccompanied minors, or are we adults. My mom can walk us to the gate since she has a federal badge.
Air Travel - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i think you can fly by yourself i think i flied alone when was 13...or was i 14..
2 :
Southwest allows kids 12 and over to fly alone without supervision...so you will not be unaccompanied minors and will not have airline employee supervision...unless your Mom asks for that service and pays the fee.
3 :
Yeah I am not sure about southwest airlines but I know airtran lets you fly alone at 12 but american made me pay even though my mom walked me to the gate and it was a direct flight (I know, stupid american airlines).To find out you can go on southwest.com or call the airline. On the website it says children 11 and older can fly alone... here http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/children.html
4 :
Yall would be adults Just read this: http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/childtip.html
5 :
No matter how you look at it you are considered a minor, both you and your brother. 18 is when you are considered an adult.
6 :
It could have been easier.

Search News