Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I am flying from Baltimore, Md to Sarasota, Fl and I have a connecting flight in Atlanta, I only have 40 mins

I am flying from Baltimore, Md to Sarasota, Fl and I have a connecting flight in Atlanta, I only have 40 mins.
I am flying from Baltimore to Sarasota and my connecting flight is in Atlanta. I have never been to Atlanta's airport before and I know it is a very large airport. I am flying Delta for both flights. I only have 45 mins to catch my flight, am I going to make it?!
Air Travel - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You are pushing it. As you say the airport is huge. Perhaps you can find out ahead of time what gates each flight arrives/departs from. Maybe they are close to each other and you will be fine. At least they are same airline so that is a possibility, but if you are in different terminals, You're going to have to move it.
2 :
I was there yesterday-- if you hustle-you can just make it if your connecting gate is on the complete opposite side of the airport.
3 :
If you have delta for both flights they will make sure you make your connection. Let you flight attendant know on your first flight and she will expedite your trip through the airport. They might even provide a golf cart for you. Just let them know. You won't have a problem.
4 :
I have traveled alot and stoped at atlanta before and one rule when geting connecting flights is stay on the same airline unless u have bout 4 hours of delay........so your good, ur other plane needs to be close to the one you get off from.
5 :
I have had much, much less time to connect to another flight--even from one end of the airport to another--Since you're connecting with the same carrier (Delta), then look for a Delta rep. when you get off in Atlanta, but don't go out of your way, and let them know you're situation...they should be helpful. 45 minutes is plenty of time to connect unless you smoke and want a few drinks before boarding. Good luck...no worries, you also wouldn't be the first person running through an airport. I do both and still make it.

Search News