Monday, October 1, 2012

If I buy 2 plane tickets then I cancel my flight is there anyway I can get my refund back

If I buy 2 plane tickets then I cancel my flight is there anyway I can get my refund back?
I was just talking to someone that was suppose to fly out to Baltimore to pick his stuff up but then he found out that his job renewal got declined so he cancelled his flight and walked away from the airport with $700 dollars less because he couldn't get his refund back. Is there anyway he would be able to get his money back? Please help. This is a good friend of mine and he doesnt really know how to ask for things back. He just kinda excepts what happens. He really doesn't care but between me and you, wouldn't you want your $700 back?
Air Travel - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You should check the terms of your tickets and buy Travel Insurance , in case you can't get a refund from the airlines. If you went through a brokerage site like Expedia.com or Travelocity, or similar, then check with their refund policies 90% of the time, no you can't get a refund, unless you specifically ASK for a ticket that allows you to get a refund. Travel insurance can cover unexepect travel problems, by allowing you to get the cost of your tickets back
2 :
Yes, but the problem witht hat is is that you can only get about 75% of your money back because they have to unreserve the seats. But the main thing is you can get your money back but not your full refund.
3 :
If he bought a nonrefundable ticket, then it is not refundable. These tickets are normally refundable only if the traveler or an immediate family member dies. Be prepared to provide a death certificate if you try to claim this. Your friend can still apply the $700 towards another trip within one year of the date of purchase. He'll have to pay any difference in airfare and a change fee (usually $75-$100 depending on airline.)

Search News