Thursday, June 7, 2012

How long to Fly Home from Iraq

How long to Fly Home from Iraq?
My husband is flying home from Iraq next month for his 2-week leave and I need to know how long it'll take to get here. I will be graduating college 3 days after he is scheduled to leave Iraq, and I'd love to know whether I'm going to be able to meet him at the airport or not. His flight is scheduled from Kuwait, to Ireland, to Atlanta, then to Baltimore. I hope the trip will be less then 3 days. I know that we have the benefit of an 8-hour time difference on our side. Has anybody taken this route, or one close to it, before? Any ideas or ranges as to how long it will take?
Military - 9 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
My husband left from Kuwait on a Friday, landed in same places your husband did other then your town my husband went to Indianapolis, it took him until Sunday morning to get home.. Good luck baby and have fun with your husband.. We are all proud of him.. And if you want any ideas about what to do when he gets off that plane let me know.. He is coming home a hero and he needs to see that..
2 :
my dad is in the army and went to Iraq and he said about 17 hours.
3 :
It is about a 16 to 20 hour flight. Alot of it depends on layovers and everything else. I hope I was of some help. I know it took my hubby 20 hours to get to Kuwait from GA.
4 :
3 days at the least sweets my hubby made the flight 4 times now lol....sometimes 3 days sometimes 4 dont worry if you dont hear from him....have fun when he gets home
5 :
When my uncle came home it took him 20 hours.
6 :
Keep in mind as well not only is there the long 17 hour or so flight, there are layovers and it is not the norm for him to leave Kuwait the same day you get there. You can sit there for as long as a day or two. He will get his itinerary in Kuwait and it will have the scheduled times on there. I hope he gets home in time to see you graduate.
7 :
It shouldn't take more then 3 days. It depends though, because when they stop in Kuwait, sometimes they say they their longer. Depending on if his unit allows it, you will be able to meet him at the airport, so somewhere on base, buses would take them on base.
8 :
I took the route before from Iraq. It will be about a day in a half American time. It felt like forever. Maybe because of the anticipation. We left Thursday Morning Iraq time and got to US Friday afternoon. There was a lot of time changes abd all but I was asleep most of it. So I guess I am not to much help.
9 :
well it all depends on his transit times. for me it took about 23 - 24 hours including an 8 hour transit time in Amesterdam to get from kuwait to LA. but baltimore is much closer to kuwait than LA. and i know that kuwait is 7 hours ahead of eastern time. to actually give you an accurate answer it would be best if you could get the transit times.

Search News