Thursday, March 1, 2012

36 Hours in Baltimore... What to do

36 Hours in Baltimore... What to do?
I have a flight credit that will expire if I don't use it to travel by the end of February. I'm thinking of using it for a quick weekend trip outside of Long Island (where I am). If I pick Baltimore, what's close to the airport that I can do? I've got flight $300 credit so my destinations are limited (can't even go to Boston) and spending money is tight too. I'll be leaving L.I. on a Friday afternoon and returning home on Sunday afternoon. Help me be creative please!
Other - United States - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you want to see Baltimore, land at BWI. There's alot to do in the city, but it depends on your interests. The touristy stuff like Harborplace/The Inner Harbor is an option. If you're into history, check out Fort McHenry and the USS Constellation. Both are cool pieces of history. The National Aquarium is also close by. You can pretty much hit all of these sites in a day as they're within a few minutes of each other (Fort McHenry is the only site not within walking distance.) If drinking is your thing, hit the bars in Fells Point or Canton. Federal Hill is nice too, but it's more a college kid sh*tshow, especially on weekend nights. The Baltimore Museum of Art and Walters Art Gallery are uptown and midtown, respectively. If you're looking for more of the "real" Baltimore you can hit these, along with Charles Village (near Johns Hopkins University) and Hampden. This area is hipster central, so be warned if you have an aversion to tight jeans and Chucks. We've also got a zoo, a bunch of parks, and other stuff. If you like blight, we've also got about 40,000 vacant rowhomes. All you have to do is drive east or west of downtown. (just trying to make sure I give you ALLLL the options.) Have fun.

Search News