Wednesday, June 1, 2011

How early should I get to the airport

How early should I get to the airport?
I have a flight via Southwest Airlines from Baltimore (BWI) to Boston/Logan at 10:50am tomorrow. I will be getting dropped off, and I have one back to check. I will not have any liquids on me, and a single, small carry-on. I am in the A Boarding Class. How early should I expect to get there? Thanks
Air Travel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
usually standard rule for mist airline is that you are required to be at the checkin area about 2 hrs prior to departure. and they usually close 45mins before departure... so any time in between these time shud be fine....
2 :
I fly southwest all the time, and for any flight within the US, one hour prior is fine. The line to print your boarding pass and check your bag takes 5-20 minutes, and security usually another 10. So, at the absolute latest, you would arrive at your gate with thirty minutes to spare. Southwest airlines will NOT get your bag onto your flight if you arrive less than thirty minutes before takeoff. Thats all you really have to worry about though. Class A boarding means you'll board the plane first, which means you will get a better seat. I would aim for 9:45
3 :
You should always get to the airport two hours before your flight in case you have any issues checking in bags, getting through security...etc. I would suggest getting there no later than 8:50 am. The baltimore airport is nice and once you get passed security there is plenty of places to hang out and eat/shop while you wait for your flight. Its better to get there early than to be sorry!
4 :
I would get to the airport at least 2 hours so 8:50 am. You never know how long the lines at check-in are and how long the lines at security will be.

Search News