Thursday, April 21, 2011

My brother was pulled over instead of me in a warrant traffic stop, FREAKY

My brother was pulled over instead of me in a warrant traffic stop, FREAKY?
Hello there, I am currently from Chicago but visit Minnesota offten. Most of my family currenty lives in Minnesota. I had a active warrant in Minnesota for theft which was only $13.00, the officer wrote down a court date, took my information and I was on my way. He told me I had to make this court date, but I knew I couldn't, due to the fact I was just there visiting and I had a flight to Baltimore to start college the same day. I had this warrant for about 2 years now and just been to busy to take care of it. Now my brother also has an active warrant and was recently pulled over in Minnesota. The officer asked for his name and he gave the officer my name which cam back as an active warrant. Funny thing is the officer just asked did he have $ 300.00 on him to take care of the bail and other expenses. Now my warrant is gone with no jail time all I have to do is show up for court and listen what the judge has to say. So how was this possible and my bro didn't have a license on him either
Law Enforcement & Police - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The cop fell down on his job. Now you owe your brother $300 and he still has a warrant out on him. The cop should have taken him in for "Failure to Identify."
2 :
Your high power is actively on call.
3 :
If your brother knows all your information like dirth date, address, etc etc etc it's easy to pass yourself when you're a sibling. Pay your brother back the $300 and count your lucky stars!
4 :
Since your brother didn't have any ID on him, knew he had a warrant, and thought you might not, he gave the cop your information. If your identifiers (age, height, weight, eye color, etc.) are similar it would've been easy to do so. Not necessarily a failure on the part of the cop. When I worked at the Sheriff's Dept., we had female identical twins who used each others' IDs all the time, and the only way to tell them apart was their tattoos and their fingerprints. If your brother was fingerprinted when he posted bond, those prints will come back through AFIS as his, not yours, and he could be issued a ticket for providing false information to an officer.

Search News