Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is 1hr30 min connection time enough to make sure my checked bags get transferred onto my international flight

Is 1hr30 min connection time enough to make sure my checked bags get transferred onto my international flight?
I'm traveling from Baltimore to Managua, Nicaragua (on American Airlines), with a connection in Miami. I have an hour and a half between my arrival in Miami and my flight to Managua. Will this be enough time for my checked bags to get transferred to my flight to Managua?
Air Travel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It willbe as long s your flight is booked as a connecting flight and you check in at Baltimore all the way through to Managua. If the flights are separate and you have to check in again at Miami, then it will not be enough as you normally have to checkin at least 3 hours before an international flight. I once made a connection to London from Portland via WashingtonDC and my plane from Portland was late and landed 10 minutes before the London flight was due to take off. I had to run (luckily only 2 gates) to the connecting flight, was the last person on board and they literally closed the door as I stepped on board and my bag somehow made it too!
2 :
My husband and I travel alot. Quite often, we had less time than an hour and a half.between flights. Many times, we were sitting on the plane and watched as the luggage was being loaded. I don't know how they do it, but the airlines do. Don't get me wrong, many times your luggage winds up somewhere else. We had our share of that too. More often than not, your bags go with you. Have a great trip.
3 :
It will be quite hard to manage. If there is a 5, 15 min. delay... you really have to run, and it depends how far is the distance between the two gates. It is a 50-50 chance based on my experience.
4 :
I had an international connection that I flew 6-7 times a year for seven years, on the way back home I had 40 minutes between the time I landed and the time to catch my connecting flight, each time I had checked luggage and not one time did my luggage not make it to my connecting flight. 1hr. 30min. should be plenty of time to transfer your luggage. Anyway you look at it, there's plenty of time to either transfer or lose your luggage.

Search News